Positive Material Identification (PMI)
PMI, the analysis of a metallic alloy to establish composition by reading the quantities by percentage of its constituent elements. Temperature is often the first and easiest-to-find indication of a developing problem and can be quickly used as a screening technique for situations that will benefit from further analysis. A non-contact IR thermometer allows you to stay a safe distance from the object and get the most accurate readings across a wide range of temperatures, thus,the term non contact.
Qualitas NDT Inspection offers PMI testing services through experienced, trained personnel who can assure quality of service. The material scan and testing services can be performed on-site before the pieces go into the production process. PMI can be utilized on a variety of part sizes – from large complex parts to things as small as the weld fill material on the pieces.
- Isolate finished welds to validatefiller material composition and dilution rates.
- Highly specific and accurate results, essential to good quality control.
- Recover lost material traceability.
- Rapidly verify alloys in seconds.
- Assurance for verification of specialty metal parts.
- Reduced risk of company liability with documented safety standards.
- Fast audit times and our long-standing experience.
- Quick results for product verification and sorting of product that may have been inadvertently mixed.
- Confirm the integrity of process piping, valves, and reaction vessels Pipes,Tubes,Forged bars,Valves,Flanges,Weld seams ,Tanks,Vessels Structural supports,Bolts, rivets, and other fasteners