Long Range UT(LRUT)
Long range ultrasonic testing is a rapid way of screening for corrosion in pipelines. The method enables screening of up to 100 meters of pipeline in one test, i.e. 50 meters in both directions.
By fitting a ring of transducers around the pipeline, a wave maker device directs low frequency (20-100 kHz) ultrasonic waves via the transducers, longitudinally into the pipeline wall. The method effectively detects changes in the pipeline’s cross-section, enabling it to indentify corrosion and other abnormalities. At the same time this provides the possibility of using welds and flanges as distance references.
Qualitas has qualified experts in using this method to help you get a cost-effective report on the condition of your pipelines.
- More than 100 times faster than traditional ultrasonic methods.
- Up to 100 meters screening distance on pipelines above ground.
- Up to 10 meters screening distance on pipelines buried in the ground.
- Possibility to do sub-sea scanning.
- Saves time since there is no need to remove insulation, apart from 1 meter for the transducer ring.
- Easy to screen wall penetrating pipelines (both built-in and sleeved penetrations).